Sunday 7 October 2012

Gangnam Style: SMS Tone - Link fixed!

"Gangnam Style": a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle associated with trendsetters in Seoul’s Gangnam district (강남), which is considered the most affluent part of the metropolitan area. In colloquial usage, it is comparable to the English slang terms “swag” or “yolo”. 

- According to Urban Dictionary

***

(Scroll down to big, blue highlighted text for SMS tone!!)

If you haven't yet heard of the craze that has taken over the world, "Gangnam Style" by PSY, I am shocked. I don't think there is anyway you couldn't know about it!

  • It comes up as the first suggestion on Google after typing only "gan", before some guy called "Gandhi" - whoever that is...*
  • It holds the Guinness World Record for "most liked" video in Youtube history with likes (at time of writing).
  • The official video has over 300,000,000 views on Youtube after only 12 weeks since it was uploaded.

Why am I talking about Gangnam Style on a sims blog?

I'll tell you why.


Because Gangnam Style really has taken over the whole world - including the Sims 3. Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself...


Video by JohannaSims35 - how cute is that fairy?!

This awesome animation was created by Chi Sono (Umpa Blog) and you can find out more about it and download it from here.

You need cmomoney's animation player for the animation to work :).

***

Another reason I mention Gangnam Style is because I, yes I, created my very own SMS tone for my phone from the a Capella version. You can listen to it here. Or by the funky wee app below :).



You can download the SMS tone here!(dropbox) or here!(cellsea)

***

I hope you and your sims have fun dancing to Gangnam Style by PSY!


I took the challenge to learn the dance and fortunately when the song came on in PE one of my friends also had learnt it. So we danced the famous dance together at school. All I can say is: best PE lesson ever!

I've also organised a pretty awesome steps routine to the song that I may or may not practice every night in my bedroom when everyone else is asleep o_O... Just joking! xD Although I did actually make up a steps routine haha...

***

Finally, if you have ever wondered what it would be like to watch PSY himself teaching Britney Spears and Ellen DeGeneres (from The Ellen DeGeneres Show) the Gangnam Style dance then this is your lucky day!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment