Friday 31 August 2012

Evil Fish Face - in Blender

Heyho!

Nutty's in the nest. (I'm so funny.)

A few days ago I decided to play around with a new version of Blender I downloaded and some new rig files :D.

In English: I decided to play around with pose-making :).




Having not made a pose since February (and that pose being my first one!) I had totally forgotten almost everything haha. But with the help of Youtube tutorials by LittleMissSimmies also known as Amber Lights, a great tutorial by Nova using Blender 2.62 and an extremely in-depth tutorial using Blender 2.57 by Evie I managed to pick up from more or less where I left off.

I haven't made a pose yet, but I've been playing around with the tools and trying other things, like opening the mouth and trying to make the sim touch their nose with their tongue. You would be surprised at how many minutes of enjoyment simply opening and closing a sims mouth in Blender along to my voice can bring. It was more than 2 minutes. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, in real-life I make a lot of funny faces to try and make people laugh. So I decided to re-create one I am most famous for in my group of friends - the "evil fish face". You know those scary fish where their teeth stick up and out over their top lip and their eyes always look up? Like this:

Photo from  http://seaspecies.com

Yeah well basically that is the "evil fish face". But it's a little more exaggerated, you know, for comical effect, in real life. I don't know if you'll find it funny or not - it's not "rolling on the floor laughing" type of stuff but you should try it out - it's fun ;D! I promise!

Here is a picture of me making the "evil fish face" and a sim in Blender too. Sorry about the black lines I couldn't make them disappear because I'm not a magician or anything. Although I did manage to split a solid pen into two parts today; here's a tip - use a pen with a lid ;).

Evil Fish Face
Thanks for reading - I do hope you'll come back again soon, as I intend to post more :)!





No comments:

Post a Comment